Saturday 12 March 2011

Self Directed Project - The Beginning

This blog is centred around my last project of my second year on costume, titled Self Directed Project. The Self Directed element means I shall be creating my brief, planning my schedule and managing my time to produce a body of work for hand-in. I have chosen to study female pattern cutting in the 19th century and from this I shall produce four toiles, demonstrating different cuts and shapes of skirts, sleeves and bodices from throughout the period. These shall be technically different and will help improve my understanding and skills in pattern drafting. Alongside this work i shall also be creating a blouse for the National Theatre hire department, I decided this would be a good opportunity to also enhance my professional finishing skills to make the garment to the best of my ability. It will be challenging but hopefully rewarding!

No comments:

Post a Comment